2011 was an interesting year....it started off with plans of selling all of my karting gear to go Spec Miata road racing, then I decided my plan was to stick with shifter kart racing for a while longer while also trying to compete in the Skip Barber and Bondurant driver shootouts in addition to some open-wheel road races. Well, the Skip Barber Shootout changed their rules which basically made me ineligible this year and the Bondurant shootout was a one-and-done, so that left kart racing in the SWRC and local events.
I decided to kick it up a notch with some last minute plans to attend the 2011 SCCA Solo Nationals in Lincoln, NE. Thanks to Lane, some help from my Dad, and late nights in Lane's garage, the Solo Nationals went from maybe to definitely, and that's when 2011 went from good to awesome. I finished 2011 undefeated in Solo events (3 for 3 incl. Solo Nats) with 2 feature race karting victories and 4th place in Stock Moto Senior points in the Southwest Regional Cup.
- Proposed to my now-fiance Ali (not racing, but still important I'd say)
- SCCA Solo National Championship in A-Stock Class
- 100% win ratio in Solo events
- 2 Pro Class wins and Overall Top PAX wins with Equipe Rapide Autocross Club
- 2 Feature Race victories in Stock Moto Senior with North Texas Karters
- 4th place in Stock Moto Senior points in Southwest Regional Cup
- Completed first full season of Regional-level karting
- Raced at 3 new kart tracks (GCKI, OMC, DKC)
- Completed a 3-day Bondurant Advanced Road Racing School
- Drove a 305 Sprint Car for the first time (thanks Gary!)
Post a Comment